Thursday, April 1, 2010

BP4_2010041_researchwebtools2.0

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

This is a Sample video I created in Animoto.

I chose to explore Animoto, not only did I enjoy using this tool but I am using this tool as part of my AR project. This web- tool, automatically produce beautifully orchestrated, completely unique video pieces from your photos, video clips and music. They also have preset pictures, video clips and music available. Animoto was great but it limit you as many applications does to what you can and can’t do with the free version, but you can purchase the full version for $30, a month. And with the free version it only allow you to 30sec. of a show but it was fun to use and very user friendly.

To create a video in Animoto you go through three tabs or steps. Let me mention a few features about Animoto; allow you to upload from your computer, select from a collection or retrieve from another site. You can choose a collection of activities, travel places, effect, transportation etc., and these are presets. I also allow you to insert text to narrate the pictures or video. If you would like to change the order of the video clips or pictures to tell a story, it will allow you to do that. After you have finished with your pictures and video clips, you then have an option to add music from your computer or from a collection provided. After you have gone through those steps then you would finalize your video. Animoto also allow you to add credits at the end-of-video.

I had so much fun and I feel that you and your students would really enjoy Animoto. If you like to create slideshows, this would be worth your time to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment